June 25, 2016 at 04:11 AM
Hey guys! I was just wondering about a workout program (not one of those like 5 things and you're done) for golf specifically. I'm wanting to further my game a lot and I think that working out to the tune of golf specific muscles and movements would be really good! Do you guys have anything ? Thanks!
Kevin GMeridian, ID
Sam CWatertown, NY
June 27, 2016 at 07:43 PM
Every workout program is different to suit the individual's needs. So I wouldn't suggest taking someone else's verbatim. That being said, here are a few tips I think might be worth taking while doing your research.
1. Size is NOT the key. Specifically, a big chest does not help you golf swing!
2. Total body exercises(Squats, Planks, Deadlift variations,etc.) will help create a more athletic body. An athletics golf swing will stand the test of time.
3. Lower body / core strength = A stable and controlled golf swing
4. Maintaining flexibility is very important when converting your gym workout to on the course success.
5. Proper diet is eating habits are just as important as the actual workout.
5. Listen to your body! Don't overwork or overuse to the point where the exercises are more detrimental than beneficial.
Don OMadison, WI
Sawyer NixBelton, SC
bernie wMays landing, NJ
Edward KWesley Chapel, FL
Len JLos Gatos, CA
July 25, 2016 at 03:32 AM
I just had knee surgery and the doc said ride the bike in the gym. I go 45 mins every day, then I do some light lifting - sit on the ball and rotate the medicine ball for the core. Do some assisted pull ups and bar dips. I'm 55, only 5'8 but I'm usually the longest in my group. Legs baby!
John COlney, MD
greg pAlgonquin, IL
Haven't registered for Team Titleist yet?